It might happen that some of your photo placeholders are suddenly yellow with a red border around them. This indicates that the software cannot find the image that was placed in the photo placeholder anymore. Each time you place a photo within the photo book, a copy of the photo is saved within the album file of your book. If this copy is no longer within the album file, the software will show a yellow place holder with the text "Missing picture" in it. When this occurs, the software is indicating it can no longer locate the image that was placed in the photo placeholder and the image will need to be re-inputted.
To resolve quickly, we advise you to follow these steps:
1. Under the 'File' tab in the top left select 'Revert To'
2. Select 'Browse All Versions' Select the next date before the issue occurred (you can use the arrow
Buttons to scroll through the version history)
3. Click on the version you wish to use and then press 'Restore'
4. This will load that version of the photo book.
If this does not work, we would ask you to use a backup copy of the photo book if you have saved it
to another drive.
To add them back into the album file:
1. Locate the photo book on your Mac.
2. Hold CTRL and click on file and select ‘Show Package content...’ from the menu.
3. This will show the file as a folder. You can now drag the relevant photos into this folder.
4. The photos will then automatically re-appear in the photo book itself once it is reopened.
Should this remain unresolved, we advice you to contact our customer service. We are happy to help!
Not working on Mac? Find the same instructions for:
- Offline creator tool Windows