Several factors can cause our Windows creator tool to work slowly.
Please check the following to solve this:
1. Check if you have the latest version of the creator tool and update the software if necessary.
2. Restart your computer. A lot of users close their laptop or put their computer on standby. Windows needs to be restarted regularly to work properly.
3. Check if you have many programs running on your PC and shut down the ones that you are not using.
4. If your PC is a bit older, the memory settings for the creator tool might be set too high. Please adjust the settings in the creator tool by going to “File” ▸ “Settings” ▸ “Advanced” ▸ “Speed and memory usage” and choose “Limited memory use”. Your images will be displayed with lower sharpness on your screen, but this does not affect the print result.
5. Check if you installed the latest Windows updates and update them if necessary.
6. Check the RAM capacity for your PC. We advise a minimum of Core i3 / 4GB RAM, but for large photo books we advise at least Core i5 / 8GB RAM.
You can check this by clicking on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner ▸ “Settings” ▸ “System” ▸ “Info”. Check our system requirements here.
7. If you work from a USB stick or an external drive, this can cause the creator tool to work slowly. Make sure that you save the photo book on your C-drive, in your “Documents” folder. Of course, you can always create a backup on your external drive.
Please note: Ensure you have a stable connection between you device and external drive or USB stick. Any disruptions to the connection whilst creating can cause issues within your photo book.
8. The last option is to remove and reinstall the creator tool on your computer. This does not affect your saved photo books; they will remain on your computer. We do recommend exporting your saved layouts before reinstalling the software.
Still not working?
We kindly ask you to fill in our contact form with the following information:
1. What version of Windows are you working on? Click here if you do not know which operating system you are using.
2. If you are operating on a personal or work computer.
3. What version of our creator tool are you working on?
4. Attach all log files of our editor (Where can I find the log files in the offline creator tool (Windows)?)
5. Please indicate in brief what problem you are experiencing and which error message you receive.